Palisade Licensing Options
Palisade offers a variety of licensing options to meet your needs.
Desktop licenses (also called standalone licenses) are for dedicated use by a single user on a single computer. They are great for busy decision-makers who can’t afford not to have @RISK or the DecisionTools Suite available whenever they need it, and who only use a single computer.
- Allow only a single user
- May be installed on only a single computer
- Each have a unique serial number
Concurrent Network Licenses
Concurrent network licenses are much more flexible. With a concurrent network license, a certain number of “seats” are available to an infinite number of users. That is, you may install @RISK or the DecisionTools Suite on an unlimited number of client computers. The restriction is placed on the number of users who can run @RISK or the DecisionTools Suite simultaneously (or concurrently). The client machines call a network server, which monitors how many concurrent user seats are available.
Concurrent network licenses also allow you to “borrow,” or take a seat off-network for remote use. You can even set time limits on how long a seat may be used offline before it expires and is returned to the pool.
In addition, concurrent network licenses may be accessed via remote desktop technology for added flexibility. If you have your files on a computer at the office but want to access them and run @RISK from a laptop on the road or your home, then a concurrent network license is for you.
Concurrent network licenses:
- Permit many users
- Restrict the number of simultaneous users, not the number of potential users
- Allow off-network borrowing
- Allow off-site remote access
- Have a single serial number for all seats
All Palisade software is sold on a subscription license basis. Subscription licenses allow you to invest at a level that works for your budget, and can be categorized as an operating expense. Furthermore, Palisade subscriptions include unlimited email and telephone technical support and free upgrades to new versions during the subscription term.
- Allow you to invest within your budget.
- Can be classified as operating expenses.
- Include free full version upgrades.
- Include free software maintenance updates and patches, including bug fixes and Windows/Office compatibility updates.
- Include free personalized technical support. Click here for more on what technical support covers.
- Come with access to the Palisade online HelpDesk 24 hours per day, so you can submit new incidents and check the status of open problems.
- Provide unlimited, 24-hour access to Palisade’s online technical support KnowledgeBase – the same source used by Palisade technical support staff. A quick check of the KnowledgeBase often solves the problem in just a few minutes.
- Include an unlimited number of support incidents.
- Guarantee a 24 hour or next business day technical support response time.