Palisade is located outside of Ithaca, New York in the heart of the beautiful Finger Lakes Region. Ithaca is the home of Cornell University and Ithaca College with a wide variety of cultural and entertainment options. A beautiful area, a low cost of living, and a challenging yet relaxed work environment make Palisade a great place to start or continue your career.
The headquarters of Palisade Europe occupy an historic building in West London close to Heathrow Airport and only 20 minutes from central London. Palisade Europe serves the corporation in Great Britain, on the Continent, and in the Middle East and Africa.
The Palisade Asia-Pacific offices and training facility are located in Sydney. Palisade Asia-Pacific provides sales, order fulfillment, technical support, and training services to customers in Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Indonesia, and other countries in the region.
Current Positions: | Regional Sales Manager – Southern Europe
Regional Sales Manager – Southern Europe
Palisade, makers of @RISK and DecisionTools Suite risk analysis software, has an opening for its southern European territory. This position will have responsibility for developing the market and closing sales for corporate customers, both large & small in southern Europe. Our clients span many industries, particularly: manufacturing, banking, insurance, construction/engineering, energy, transport, and utilities. With an existing diverse and stable customer base, this position offers the individual a chance to move into a secure role, with great potential to grow!
- Proactively seek out and follow up on all new corporate client sales leads.
- Devise tailored, customised software and training solutions for corporate clients. Work with clients to create corporate proposals that include software licenses, software maintenance, and software training - all tailored to client's particular needs.
- Travel to client sites and perform corporate sales demonstrations.
- Give product demonstrations in person, over the web, and at events. (European based consultants are on hand for more technical presentations)
- Travel to, participate in, and help arrange software workshops and other similar marketing events.
- Take incoming sales calls and email inquiries. Take orders of all sizes and amounts for software and services.
- With all customers engage in dialogue to understand requirements for the best combination of software and services to meet their needs.
- Up sell existing clients to the most appropriate software/training solution to solve their problems, and meet their needs.
- Commission from day one, with no cap!
NOTE: Location flexible
We are looking for someone who is a self-starter, can work with little direction, and is not afraid to get out and talk to people. In addition, the candidate needs the ability to grasp and demonstrate a technical/statistical product and be able to explain its value proposition, and business applications in easy-to-understand terms. True technical expertise is not required, but the ability to explain basic features, benefits and applications is.
- Language requirement, French, English (Fluent) & Spanish to a good business level ideal
- Bachelor's degree. MBA (or equivalent experience) preferred.
- Three or more years’ experience selling software to corporate clients.
- Some statistical background. The software is quantitative and statistically oriented, so candidate should be able to understand software well enough to demonstrate it to clients. More importantly the business applications it is used for (cost estimation, NPV, risk registers & schedule risk analysis to name but a few). Familiarity with @RISK, Monte Carlo simulation, or probabilistic analysis a plus.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and adequately communicate progress back to management.
- Flexible nature - able to adapt to different job duties as required.
- The job will entail travel, 1 week a month as a guide.
Palisade is a global leader in risk and decision analysis software and training solutions. Now celebrating its 35th year, Palisade prides itself on innovation, excellent products, and great service. We have offices in Ithaca, New York, Ecuador, and London, and offer a fun, hardworking atmosphere that rewards performance!
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org