Palisade is located outside of Ithaca, New York in the heart of the beautiful Finger Lakes Region. Ithaca is the home of Cornell University and Ithaca College with a wide variety of cultural and entertainment options. A beautiful area, a low cost of living, and a challenging yet relaxed work environment make Palisade a great place to start or continue your career.
The headquarters of Palisade Europe occupy an historic building in West London close to Heathrow Airport and only 20 minutes from central London. Palisade Europe serves the corporation in Great Britain, on the Continent, and in the Middle East and Africa.
The Palisade Asia-Pacific offices and training facility are located in Sydney. Palisade Asia-Pacific provides sales, order fulfillment, technical support, and training services to customers in Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Indonesia, and other countries in the region.
Human Resource Generalist
Palisade Company, LLC, makers of risk and decision analysis software for business and engineering, has an opening for a full-time Human Resources Generalist in its Ithaca, New York headquarters.
The Human Resources Generalist will be responsible for all talent-related functions at the company, include staff in the US and abroad. Key areas include payroll management, benefits administration, and compliance functions. At least five years of relevant HR experience and the utmost discretion is required. The position reports to the company’s Director of Accounting and Operations.
- Administers and helps draft human resource plans and procedures for all company personnel including international employees
- Processes payroll for multiple entities on a bi-weekly and monthly basis including timesheet management
- Performs benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, and communicating benefit information to employees
- Aids planning decisions with respect to benefits such as medical insurance and retirement programs. Ensures compliance with regulations surrounding all such plans.
- Conducts recruitment effort for all personnel, interns and temporary employees
- Develops and manages staff onboarding processes
- Develops and manages staff exit processes
- Manages paid time off plan for multiple entities
- Maintains and updates employee handbook
- Maintains human resource information system records and compiles reports from databases
- Maintains compliance with international, federal and state regulations concerning employment
- Maintains company organizational charts and internal directories
- Maintains employment-related contracts and confidentiality agreements
- Manages employee review process
- Assists with external audit requests
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned
OTHER REQUIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to be discreet with regard to highly confidential employee and company information
- Strong communication (written and verbal), time management, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Quick learner with ability to adapt to changing requests and priorities
- Strong initiative requiring minimal oversight
- Highly detail-oriented with attention to accuracy
- Skilled in staff relations, with an ability to be clear and tactful
- Broad knowledge of state and federal HR policies and employment laws
- Strong Microsoft Office skills including Excel and Word
- Knowledgeable of 401(k) plan administration
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- International experience
- Knowledge of ADP payroll system including Workforce Now
- Knowledge of Microsoft Great Plains accounting software
- SHRM certification or Professional in Human Resources (PHR)
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- A bachelor’s degree and at least five years human resource experience, preferably in a high-growth, professional office environment
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Competitive salary based on experience and education
- Generous health and dental plans
- Paid time off
- 401(k) plan with competitive matching
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Regional Sales Manager – Southern Europe
Palisade, makers of @RISK and DecisionTools Suite risk analysis software, has an opening for its southern European territory. This position will have responsibility for developing the market and closing sales for corporate customers, both large & small in southern Europe. Our clients span many industries, particularly: manufacturing, banking, insurance, construction/engineering, energy, transport, and utilities. With an existing diverse and stable customer base, this position offers the individual a chance to move into a secure role, with great potential to grow!
- Proactively seek out and follow up on all new corporate client sales leads.
- Devise tailored, customised software and training solutions for corporate clients. Work with clients to create corporate proposals that include software licenses, software maintenance, and software training - all tailored to client's particular needs.
- Travel to client sites and perform corporate sales demonstrations.
- Give product demonstrations in person, over the web, and at events. (European based consultants are on hand for more technical presentations)
- Travel to, participate in, and help arrange software workshops and other similar marketing events.
- Take incoming sales calls and email inquiries. Take orders of all sizes and amounts for software and services.
- With all customers engage in dialogue to understand requirements for the best combination of software and services to meet their needs.
- Up sell existing clients to the most appropriate software/training solution to solve their problems, and meet their needs.
- Commission from day one, with no cap!
NOTE: Location flexible
We are looking for someone who is a self-starter, can work with little direction, and is not afraid to get out and talk to people. In addition, the candidate needs the ability to grasp and demonstrate a technical/statistical product and be able to explain its value proposition, and business applications in easy-to-understand terms. True technical expertise is not required, but the ability to explain basic features, benefits and applications is.
- Language requirement, French, English (Fluent) & Spanish to a good business level ideal
- Bachelor's degree. MBA (or equivalent experience) preferred.
- Three or more years’ experience selling software to corporate clients.
- Some statistical background. The software is quantitative and statistically oriented, so candidate should be able to understand software well enough to demonstrate it to clients. More importantly the business applications it is used for (cost estimation, NPV, risk registers & schedule risk analysis to name but a few). Familiarity with @RISK, Monte Carlo simulation, or probabilistic analysis a plus.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and adequately communicate progress back to management.
- Flexible nature - able to adapt to different job duties as required.
- The job will entail travel, 1 week a month as a guide.
Palisade is a global leader in risk and decision analysis software and training solutions. Now celebrating its 35th year, Palisade prides itself on innovation, excellent products, and great service. We have offices in Ithaca, New York, Ecuador, and London, and offer a fun, hardworking atmosphere that rewards performance!